Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thank You

I came across this picture on Pinterest a few days ago and I just had to share my feelings about it. I wanted to share this picture because it is such a beautiful reminder of how grateful we should be for the men and women who serve our country. I think, too often, we forget to thank them and to thank their families for what they do. 

My husband is in the military and most days, I hate what he does because of how it affects our family. I want my son to grow up with him there and I know that won't always be possible. That kills me. But for now, he's home and safe and while he still risks his life every single day, I can still hug him every day and see that he's okay. The fact that I complain about his schedule or I complain about what life may be like when he is away from us is just...selfish. This picture reminds me that I have it so good right now compared to most military families. Their sacrifice truly floors me. There are SO many men and women who aren't able to see that they're safe every day. There are so many women in this country who give birth without their husbands by their side because he is serving to keep us safe and free. I was fortunate enough to have my husband with me when we had my son. He was supposed to be gone, but he got to stay. THAT is why this picture makes me cry. I was SO fortunate. 

To all of the men and women who serve our country and to all of their strong families, THANK YOU. Thank you for what you do and for teaching me to be stronger when I'm not. I am so grateful for what you do because you are far stronger than I am.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment