Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chocolate Banana Bites

Today, I was in one of those moods where you want to bake but you don't want to spend your whole day doing it, yanno? So, I decided to do some "fake" baking and came across this recipe on http://nomnomnomblog.com called PB 'Nana  Cream Bites. They are SO easy and SO good! I made them in about 20 minutes. Please excuse my pictures (as mine did not turn out nearly as pretty). 

Here's the recipe according to "nomnomnom":

Chocolate Banana Bites

2 large bananas
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I just used milk chocolate)
2 tbsp-1/4 cup milk

Cut up bananas about an inch tall and swipe some peanut butter on each slice.

 Combine milk and chocolate in bowl and microwave at 15 second increments until they are able to stir together smoothly. (I think it only took two separate increments for me).


Dip the bananas in the chocolate, using fork, until they are covered and set on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
Put cookie sheet in freezer until bananas are completely frozen (3-5 hours).

Personally, I found that the recipe called for too much milk...I.E. the chocolate was too thin. (See above). I actually threw them in the freezer like this for about 20 minutes and then went back, melted more chocolate with less milk and covered them again for a thicker covering. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment