Sunday, October 24, 2010

2 Month Baby!

I can't even believe it but Ashton is already two months as of Oct. 21! I can't even believe how quickly time is flying! It amazes me every day how quickly he's developing and growing! One of the things that really blows me away is how early he's doing some things. He can completely hold his head up now and has been able to for a few weeks!



He also rolled over for the first time a few weeks ago!! It was soooo cute! I couldn't believe he had done it so early but he did! He was on his back on our bed with his head propped up on a pillow and I layed down to the side of the pillow. He loves to cuddle so as soon as I layed down, he high-tailed it and rolled from his back onto his tummy which put him snuggled right at my chest. Within seconds, he had his eyes closed ready to go to sleep! It was so adorable that his motivation to roll over was to snuggle! :) I thought he had been close for a few weeks because he had been rolling on his side a lot but it just shocked me when he rolled so fast over to me!

Here's a pic of me and Ash napping on our first day home from the hospital! :) 


I cannot wait until he starts really smiling! He's SO close! He keeps doing these little half smiles that makes me think he's smiling but I just feel like a big smile is coming soon! About two weeks ago, he was passed out on my lap and started smiling and then was laughing in his sleep! It was sooo funny! I had never seen anything like it and it just cracked me up. He laughed for about 5 seconds straight. I'd love to know what in the world he was dreaming about that he found so funny! I'm not sure why he can smile and laugh in his sleep but hesitates when he's awake but I just can't wait for that one good first laugh :)



One of my favorite things he started doing is his baby chatter. He LOVES lights and anything that moves (mobiles, ceiling fans, etc.). He makes all these sweet cooing noises and talks to things in his baby talk. It's so funny to listen to because some days, he'll just be going nuts! One of the things he does it to the most is his floor gym. He talks to the flashing lights, the toys dangling off it, and even himself in the mirror!

I started noticing a few weeks ago that he's REALLY into his mirror. It's so funny to think that he thinks that's another baby in there! It's so sweet to watch him stare at himself forever. He thinks he's the sexiest baby out there! :) hahaha

Loves that paci :)


He has become QUITE the cuddlebug these days. I always said I would never let my kid be in bed with me but I absolutely cannot help it! I LOVE cuddling with him! I do make him sleep in his bed until early morning but then I let him come cuddle in bed with my for a few hours. The second I put him in our bed, I lay him on his back on my pillow and he immediately rolls over and buries himself in my neck and passes out. It's so sweet I don't think I can give it up!

One big development, though, is that he is finally in his crib! He had been sleeping in his pack'n'play in our room and I was getting really used to being able to wake up in the middle of the night and look over to see him (I'm REALLY attached to my baby hahaha). But I started noticing that he wasn't liking the pack'n'play mattress very much so I moved him into his room in his big boy crib which really needed to happen soon anyway. He's a happy camper in there! He loves all the colors and shapes on his bumper pads and sheets so it's nice to put him in his crib and watch him look around and feel like he enjoys being in there. Thankfully, we have one of the most amazing baby monitors on the planet (with video!). Otherwise, there's no way I would be able to be away from him. Anytime I wake up, I can look over and see him in the monitor so I feel pretty good about that. It's hard but it needed to happen. (Just imagine what a mess I'll be when he goes away to college! Geez.) He's sleeping great at night too! I've been SO lucky with this. Starting a little after he was a month old, he sleeps for about 7-8 hrs at a time. I usually feed him once before I go to bed and then once early in the morning around 8am and that's it! Getting my sleep is something I definitely did NOT expect and have really come to appreciate because I'm thinking my next little munchkin won't be as convenient. Can I really get that lucky twice??

Over the last week or so, my stomach has been bothering me (not sure why) so he's been temporarily on formula because my milk was hurting his tummy, too. One not so fun development? Formula diapers. Yuck. That's all I'm gonna say on that subject. Besides the fact that I just can't wait to go back to breast feeding because I miss it sooo much, I won't miss those nasty diapers!

Little stinker :)

He's growing so quickly. It makes me so sad! He has his two month shots coming up next week too and I'm absolutely dreading it. I just can't stand the thought of anything making him cry. :( Hopefully it'll be quick and he won't even notice! I may have to post an entry about how traumatized we both were by his first set of shots :( Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment