Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ashton's first roadtrip!

About two weeks ago, Jordan and I decided to take a trip to Alabama to visit Jordan's family! I was sooo nervous about taking a 7 hour drive (turned into 8 hrs with stops) with a 2 month old infant. Well, Ashton has decided over the last month or so that he LOVES the car! He passed out instantly, woke up once to eat, and went right back to sleep until we got there :)

I was SO glad we made the trip. Jordan's mom and step dad had not gotten to see Ash since he was born! Seeing them looking through the window in anticipation when we finally got there made it all worth it. They ran out to the car and you could see the itch all over them...they were DYING to get to that baby and it was so freaking cute! They then fought over who got to hold him for the next few hours :) Ash definitely wasn't missing out on any attention!

Ash and his Papaw

"Neela" imitating Ashton's famous fists :)

One of the greatest things was that Ashton got to meet his great-grandparents. My mom's parents passed away years ago and it hurts me every day that Ashton will never know them. They were two of the most incredible people I've ever known and I just know how much they would have enjoyed Ashton. My dad's dad passed away about a month before Ashton was born and that, too, has hurt me because I know how badly he wanted to meet him. I prayed every day that my grandpa would last long enough to see his baby great-grandson. My dad's mom is absolutely dying to meet him but lives in California so she won't get to see him until he's almost 6 months old! This all being said, it was absolutely incredible to introduce Ashton to a 4th generation for the first time :) Jordan's grandpa especially was so into my pregnancy and would always light up when he asked how his little "peanut" was doing so we were absolutely thrilled for Ashton to meet them!
We got to look at some amazing pictures Jordan's grandparents have of THEIR grandparents, parents, etc. It was incredible to see such old pictures of family history! They are so blessed to have pictures like that!


It was such a fantastic trip because Ashton got to meet Jordan's sister and her family (Ashton's auntie, uncle, and two little cousins!) It was the sweetest thing ~ when I was pregnant, our little nephew Zeke (who is 3) was trying to wrap his mind around the fact that there was a baby in my tummy. He would ask me if he could play with him yet and I would tell him that he was in there cooking and that he wasn't done yet! Well when he met Ash and I told him that Ashton was the baby who used to be in my tummy, he looked up at me and said in his adorable southern drawl, "The baby done did cooked??" :) It was so sweet!
 
Zeke :)

  
Jordan and Chloe playing with J's car :) 

Auntie Karlie lovin' on Ash with Zeke and Kelsie 

We had such an amazing time, we ended up staying an extra day and didn't want to leave! Ash got to meet so many people and spent so much time with his Neela and Papaw (Jordan's mom and step-dad) as they just doted on him all weekend! It was absolutely perfect! 





 Me and my little Zekester :)

Ash's uncle Zac was making him crack up! It was the funniest thing ever! Ash just LOVED him!!

J doin what he does best ~ being one of the kids :)

No comments:

Post a Comment